untitled19

untitled19


who should i address and why

should i address you? it seems

kind of portentous to be twenty

years old and worrying about your

style, earlier today i went to the

new york school’s wikipedia and i

wrote all over it fuck the new york

school but two minutes later it just

said new york school again and i’d

basically been exposed as a fraud so

i went to a cafe smoked cigarettes

and drank ricard thought about sitting

on my own in a movie theatre maybe

walking round larry rivers’ studio and

saying hey larry you’re just so damn

figurative but in that moment he’d know

me as someone with an inkling of the

political legacy of the second nixon

administration and i’d have to run

cursing the clumsiness of phrases such

as ‘second nixon administration’ and

‘political legacy’ especially combined

and without which i’d probably be away

by now but larry rivers isn’t chasing

me he isn’t even watching me no he’s

content to let me run out of steam on

my own accord and i doubt he even

cares so you know what larry i’ll just

stop and anyway this is a transcendentalist

poem so whatever - my soul got battered

in the breeze; american beauty.